As Managing Director, Ben is responsible for Northern California acquisitions and development activities for SteelWave. Prior to joining SteelWave in 2018, Ben was Vice President of Acquisitions & Development at the Irvine Company, the largest property developer in California. In that capacity, he was responsible for acquisitions and development of office and residential projects in Northern California with over $3.6 billion in project cost, including the 3.8 million SF Santa Clara Square mixed-use project and the 1.5 million SF Pathline office project. Ben also worked at Forest City Realty Trust, where he was responsible for the entitlement, planning and development of the 5M and Pier 70 projects in San Francisco with a total of over 5 million SF of mixed-use development.
Ben’s experience also includes 11 years in the venture capital and investment banking industries where he was an investor in early stage technology companies.
- Member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member of San Francisco Bay Area Planning and Urban Research Association (SPUR)
- Conversant in German and Japanese
- MBA in Real Estate from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Southern California