2222 – 2245 5th Street & 2229 – 2233 4th Street,
Berkeley, CA 94710
278,071 Square Feet
theLAB Berkeley, where science takes shape.
Located on two adjacent blocks on 4th & 5th Streets between Allston Way & Bancroft Way, theLAB Berkeley will undergo a multi-phase major rehab to develop a Class A “creative” life science campus through a combination of a transformative renovation of four existing industrial buildings plus a new ground up development building. An amalgamation of past and future, the project presents a campus that’s as inviting as it is elemental. With cutting-edge amenities and blank-slate lab spaces, there is ample room to discover and break boundaries.
Phase I – East Block consists of three vacant industrial buildings totaling 87,159 SF ready to be transformed into a blend of light manufacturing including life science and creative office facilities featuring exposed bow-truss ceilings and an expansive indoor-outdoor private mezzanine overlooking the San Francisco Bay along with stunning elements and amenities including an AmphitheaterLAB, PresentationLAB, FitnessLAB, outdoor CollaborativeLAB and second floor RoofdeckLABs. In addition, we plan to demo three structures to create a 415-stall parking structure to serve the entire campus. Anticipated completion of Phase I is Q3 2021.
Phase II – West Block is anticipated to commence Q2 2022 including the transformation of Building 4, to 32,000 SF of creative life science use and a new 3-story 159,000 SF life science building with an adjacent surface parking lot.
TheLAB Berkeley has been designed to meet company’s needs and to keep your life in balance. With indoor-outdoor space, a boutique gym, and frequent food trucks, the space will make you feel your best so you can do your best work. Live through discovery!
- AmphitheaterLAB, a place to listen. Learn, and be entertained. Whether holding a lecture, hosting a concert, or just meeting up to discuss ideas big and small.
- PresentationLAB, this space has all of the room and AV resources you need to have impactful presentations and productive meetings
- FitnessLAB, state-of-the art boutique gym with dedicated yoga area, locker rooms complete with private showers
- Second Floor RoofdeckLABs, another onsite open air gathering place
- Breezeway, the main artery of the campus; a communal space to eat, work or just relax
- Surrounded by a variety of prominent life science and biotech employers
- Centrally located, just three blocks from high-end boutique retail and dining on Berkeley’s 4th, less than a mile from UC Berkeley Campus
- Close proximity to I-80 for easy access to San Francisco and Oakland. Additionally, the project is located three blocks from an Amtrak station, with lines to Oakland, San Jose, and Sacramento.
- Located two blocks south of several new large-scale mixed-use developments, including 395 new multifamily units.