As Chief Accounting Officer, Nancy Chau is responsible for all accounting functions, including real estate, portfolio and corporate accounting and reporting. She establishes policies and procedures, oversees external audits, tax and REIT compliance. In addition, she reviews legal structures and documentations for capital transactions. Nancy has 25 years of real estate experience and has been with SteelWave for 22 years.
Prior to joining the company, Nancy was an AVP at Wells Fargo Bank, Controller Division, and prior to that she was an auditor with Kenneth Leventhal/Ernst & Young.
- Active California Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Investment Adviser Certified Compliance Professional (IACCP)
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting and Finance from San Francisco University
- Master of Science in Computer Information System from University of Phoenix