4383 Horton Street,
Emeryville, CA 94608
72,926 Square Feet
The Sherwin building constructed in 1919 followed by a major addition in the 1930’s known for its historical past with The Sherwin-Williams Company into the mid 2000’s will undergo a long awaited renovation and repositioning conversion to a adaptive re-use Class A creative life science space. The project will entail a large-scale cosmetic renovation, structural upgrade, full building core replacement and new installation of mechanical, electrical and plumbing infrastructure and penthouse to create a state of the art lab building. Sherwin will also include a “pass through” between Horton Street and the neighboring Lennar development on the west side of the property to provide pedestrian and bicycle access between Horton Street and the Lennar Project currently under construction.
Construction anticipated to commence July 2021 with an anticipated completion of March 2022.
- Parking rights to 150 stalls (2.1:1,000 SF) — Parking for the building will be provided in the neighboring B2 building within the adjacent Lennar residential development.
- Located in one of the most sought out life science and biotechnology markets in the Bay Area in the heart of Berkeley | Emeryville
- Excellent transit accessibility just one mile from the I-80 | I-580 on ramp, ten-minute walk from Emeryville Amtrak and is two blocks north of Emery Go-Round’s shuttle (40th @ Horton) to MacArthur BART station.
- Array of nearby amenities including Bay Street, Emeryville’s premier retail hub containing over sixty stores and ten restaurants
- Adjacent from a new project underway that includes a 2.5-acre public park and 4,000 square feet of additional retail amenities